December 18, 2009

Aaaaand I'm Back

Just got back from a trip to Spain, Morocco, Ghana, South Africa, Mauritius, India, Vietnam, China, Japan, and Hawaii. It was pretty crazy. I'm also pretty sure it will make me a better game developer, if only because I learned and saw a lot of interesting stuff.

I had a lot of time on the ship in between ports and made good progress on Aurora, the stripped-down RTS I wrote about earlier. All the basic systems are complete, except for a decent AI. The code (which was wholly rewritten at one point) is clean and in good shape to expand. At one point I was really worried about performance issues. I think I've got it in a good spot now, though. Each army can have a lot of troops floating around, and it's only when several hundred converge in battle that things get choppy. We'll see if that ever becomes a problem.

I'm also seriously planning to spend a weekend revising Azure. The text idea didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, and the game gets boring pretty quickly. I'm thinking that if I add another handful of patterns of movement for the player to follow, the game might remain as engaging and hypnotizing as I want it to be. The game could switch between them in random order after every minute or so of success.

I also really want to get MUTE up to speed... sigh. So much to do!

1 comment:

huang said...

Reliable and Professional China USB Flash Disk manufacturing company, they have all types of USB Flash Disk, Logo USB,
Custom USB, as well as the newest and best USB Flash Disk,
plastic usb drive,
rubber usb drive,
metal usb drive,
leather usb drive,
metal usb drive,
fingerprint usb drive,
card usb drive,
swivel usb drive,
wooden usb drive,